Well, we are in the middle of a little kitchen project over here! Remember how we painted our kitchen Robin’s Egg Blue a few months ago? Well, I mentioned in that post that we would be tearing down the cheesy faux tile wallpaper backsplash and replacing it with simple white ceramic tile that we bought on craigslist for just $20. We are in the middle of that right now.
The wallpaper’s down, and the tile is about to go up! So excited! But nervous as well, since we haven’t tiled anything before. Any tips for us?
Since the kitchen is a mess, and time is short, I thought this recipe was appropriate for today. If you are on Pinterest at all, you have probably seen all the recipes for two ingredient pumpkin muffins. I have been wondering for a while if it would be possible to do something similar with a gluten free mix. When Darryl’s mom brought is a box of Hodgson Mill Gluten Free Cookie Mix, I thought I would give it a try. And, spoiler alert, it worked!
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I could make a quick and easy pumpkin cookie using a gluten free mix!
- 1 box Hodgson Mill Gluten Free Cookie Mix
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin – use all but about 2 tablespoons
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup dairy free chocolate chunks (I used some vegan dark chocolate and chopped it up this time)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the cookie mix, pumpkin (all but about 2 tablespoons or so, you don’t want the batter to be too wet), spice, and chocolate chunks. Stir to combine.
- Drop by tablespoons onto the cookie sheet. Bake for about 12-14 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.
- These get better as they sit for a little bit, they become more moist.
Have you ever tried any of those 2 or 3 ingredient type recipes? How did it work out?
Around us, we can find Hodgson Mill mixes at Kroger and Meijer. If you can’t find it near you, it is available on Amazon here. <- Afflilate link.
Linking up to some of these parties.
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce. - February 6, 2017