I love pasta, and I love garlic. And I love easy meals. So this is pretty much my dream dinner. If we happen to go out to an Italian restaurant, this is also a safe thing for me to order, provided the restaurant has gluten free pasta (a lot of them do, nowadays!) This is so easy to put together, and it uses just a few simple ingredients. It amazes me that with so few ingredients you get a dish that tastes so delicious. It’s a good recipe to have on hand if you need to throw something together for guests and don’t have time to shop, because you probably have everything you need to make this in your kitchen right now. Everyone needs an awesome but easy dish for company in their recipe arsenal, and this is one of those secret weapon recipes.
- 1 pkg. of brown rice spaghetti (I used Trader Joe’s brand here)
- 2 heads of garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon vegan buttery spread
- salt to taste (1/2 teaspoon or so)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you want it spicier!)
- Boil your pasta according to package directions. I usually boil the Trader Joe’s brand a little bit longer than it says to on the package, because I don’t like it to be too firm.
- While the pasta is cooking, peel the garlic, and slice each clove into very thin slices. Place the garlic in a small frying pan with the olive oil and cook over medium low heat until it is a lovely shade of golden brown. You don’t want to overcook it, if it gets too dark you have to start over because it tastes yucky.
- When the garlic is done to your liking, throw in about a ¼ cup of the boiling pasta water to stop the garlic from cooking more. Add the salt, butter, and red pepper flakes. Stir.
- When your pasta is done, drain, and give a quick rinse. I know that rinsing the pasta is not a common recommendation, but I feel that GF brown rice pasta is a bit too gummy if you don’t rinse it just a little bit. Transfer to a pasta dish, like this one, top with the garlic mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve with bread or a green salad.
So what’s your secret weapon recipe for company?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce. - February 6, 2017