Hello! Just popping in for a quick recipe today, it’s gorgeous out there, and we want to get outside!
One thing that I find a bit annoying is that with so many food restrictions, you really can’t use mixes if you want to bake something. Not that I want to use mixes all the time, especially not the ones with lots of chemicals, but back when I was just gluten free, there were a few mixes that I really liked. Namaste and Pamela’s make some really tasty cake mixes for example. But once I cut out eggs and dairy, that really cut down on using prepackaged products. And sometimes I am in a hurry, and just want to simplify things.
Well, I found a sugar cookie mix that works very well – 123 Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Mix. I just followed the instructions on the box, used a flax seed egg, and topped the cookies with a drizzle of melted chocolate. So easy!
- 1 box 123 Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 cup vegan buttery spread, softened
- 2 Tablespoons ground golden flax seed + 4-5 Tablespoons water, mixed
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Cream the buttery spread until fluffy. Add a ½ cup of the cookie mix and blend.
- Add the flax egg, beat until incorporated. Add the rest of the cookie mix and beat until well combined.
- Divide dough in half, and make into two discs. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375. If you are going to do cutout cookies, flour your rolling pin and surface. I just made balls of dough and flattened them slightly, then placed them on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, until golden brown on edges. Keep an eye on them, don’t overbake or they will be too crisp.
- Let cool on sheets for a few minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
- For Chocolate Drizzle:
- Place chocolate chips in bowl and microwave for one minute, then stir. If not fully melted, microwave in 10 second intervals until completely melted. Spoon into a ziploc bag and trim the end off, then squeeze and drizzle the chocolate over fully cooled cookies.
- Place in the refrigerator to let the chocolate harden, then enjoy!