Happy Valentine’s Day! (Flings pink confetti hearts into the air).
Actually, isn’t confetti the worst? Especially that little metallic shaped confetti. I’ve had two recent incidents of receiving things in the mail where the sender stuffed a bunch of confetti inside the envelope. Surprise! Time to get out your vacuum! Isn’t that fun? So fun. Ugh.
Anyway, I thought I would end the week with another sweet recipe. Presenting…
Chocolate Pecan Granola. Yum.
This is my new favorite cereal. I love granola, and I really like granola that includes chocolate. But it’s expensive! And kind of unnecessarily so, because the ingredients are all so cheap! So I’ve been making my own, and I really like this chocolate version. It has cocoa powder, and chocolate chips, which melt in the oven, giving all the oats a nice chocolatey coating. Pecans add crunch, and I threw some chia seeds in there just to make myself feel better. Chia seeds add a little bit of health, right?
If you’ve never made granola, it’s so easy to do. Mix it all up, dump it onto a cookie sheet, and bake it for about 50 minutes, giving it a stir now and then. Really easy, and really delicious.
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread, melted
- ⅓ cup honey (or maple syrup if you're vegan)
- 1½ Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the melted vegan buttery spread, honey, light brown sugar, and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Stir.
- Add all other ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Pour onto the cookie sheet and spread out into a single layer.
- Bake at 250 degrees for about 50 minutes, or until granola does not look too wet. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet, then store in an airtight container.
Enjoy! I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day with the ones you love! ♥