It’s July…how did that happen? June just flew by!
We are in the middle of summer here, and as usual at this time of year, I just want to make things that are super easy. I don’t want a lot of dishes to do, so that means anything that can be made with just one bowl is a win. Breakfast is usually a smoothie or cereal – I still love a bowl of my homemade granola in the summer. This is a really easy basic recipe for granola – you can pretty much substitute whatever you want for each ingredient and it will still turn out great. Don’t like cherries? Do blueberries. Not a maple syrup fan? Agave or honey works just as well. Almonds aren’t your cup of tea? Any nut will do.
Easy, yummy, and a great way to start the day.
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread, melted
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- ¾ cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchmentr.
- Combine everything EXCEPT the dried cherries in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on the cookie sheet and bake at 275 degrees for about 30-40 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and stir in the dried cherries. Allow to cool fully before storing in an airtight container.
Are you getting ready for the Fourth of July where you live? How do you celebrate? Are people in your neighborhood setting off fireworks at midnight like they are where we live? (Sigh. I know people love their fireworks, but it makes me nervous when it’s kids setting them off…kind of dangerous! Also, it makes me mad when it wakes up my kids. Boo.)
Anyway, a bowl of granola a day keeps the fireworks away? Right? Wait…I think I am remembering that wrong.
Linking up to some of these parties.
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce. - February 6, 2017