Good morning! How were your holidays? Did you have fun? Did you get a chance to relax, too? I hope you’re still relaxing between now and New Year’s! I know that I tend to kind of zone out after all the holiday hustle and bustle. It’s so much excitement and good food, and when it’s over, I just need a few days to recover.
If you are in the same boat as I am, I have a delicious and decadent drink for you to make and enjoy! It’s a recipe for extra special hot chocolate made with rich coconut cream and dark chocolate.
Sidenote: I totally decided to make a hot chocolate recipe because Darryl bought me this cute little teacup for Christmas! Look at its cute little feet. :)
This hot chocolate is so rich and delicious. You’ll need full fat coconut milk in a can (I like Thai Kitchen brand, or Whole Foods brand because they have a thick layer of coconut cream on top), and you’ll need a bar of dark chocolate. I used the 85% Cacao Bar from Pascha Chocolate. You can use a lighter chocolate if you wish, but I prefer the dark chocolate flavor here. This is easy to make, and it really is a very rich drink – this is a good drink for sipping on a snowy day.
Decadent Coconut Cream Hot Chocolate.
- half of a can of full fat unsweetened coconut milk I like Thai Kitchen brand
- half of a 3.5 ounce bar of dark chocolate I used PASCHA 85% cacao bar, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk the kind from the refrigerator case
Pour half of a can of full fat unsweetened coconut milk into a small saucepan.
Warm the milk over medium low heat. Add the chopped dark chocolate, then stir until the chocolate melts completely.
Add the organic cane sugar and stir.
Add the unsweetened coconut milk and stir until all ingredients are smooth and combined.
Pour into tea cups or mugs. Serve with a marshmallow if desired.
This is such a treat! I hope you try it – it’s extra special!
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Easy and Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Fries. - April 28, 2017
- Easy Dairy Free Overnight Oatmeal (Gluten Free, Vegan). - April 26, 2017
- Homemade Dairy Free Ranch Dressing. - April 7, 2017