Good morning! How were your holidays? Did you have fun? Did you get a chance to relax, too? I hope you’re still relaxing between now and New Year’s! I know that I tend to kind of zone out after all the holiday hustle and bustle. It’s so much excitement and good food, and when it’s over, I just need a few days to recover.
If you are in the same boat as I am, I have a delicious and decadent drink for you to make and enjoy! It’s a recipe for extra special hot chocolate made with rich coconut cream and dark chocolate.
Sidenote: I totally decided to make a hot chocolate recipe because Darryl bought me this cute little teacup for Christmas! Look at its cute little feet. :)
This hot chocolate is so rich and delicious. You’ll need full fat coconut milk in a can (I like Thai Kitchen brand, or Whole Foods brand because they have a thick layer of coconut cream on top), and you’ll need a bar of dark chocolate. I used the 85% Cacao Bar from Pascha Chocolate. You can use a lighter chocolate if you wish, but I prefer the dark chocolate flavor here. This is easy to make, and it really is a very rich drink – this is a good drink for sipping on a snowy day.
- half of a can of full fat unsweetened coconut milk (I like Thai Kitchen brand)
- half of a 3.5 ounce bar of dark chocolate, chopped (I used PASCHA 85% cacao bar)
- 2 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk (the kind from the refrigerator case)
- Pour half of a can of full fat unsweetened coconut milk into a small saucepan.
- Warm the milk over medium low heat. Add the chopped dark chocolate, then stir until the chocolate melts completely.
- Add the organic cane sugar and stir.
- Add the unsweetened coconut milk and stir until all ingredients are smooth and combined.
- Pour into tea cups or mugs. Serve with a marshmallow if desired.
This is such a treat! I hope you try it – it’s extra special!