How are you handling these cold days? How are you handling these busy days?
I know that until recently, my crutch on a cold and busy holiday night was to order Indian food. But, we have been advised not to do that anymore because of my son’s cashew allergy. So, I decided that I had to have a recipe on hand for the nights when an Indian craving hit! This is a super simple recipe, but it is very flavorful and has tons of vegetables, so it’s healthy, too!
Potato and Vegetable Coconut Curry.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- one medium onion chopped
- 3 large potatoes peeled and diced
- half of a bag of frozen mixed vegetables green beans, peas, carrots, corn
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup refrigerated unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder less if you want it mild
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Basmati rice for serving
In a large pan, cook the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until soft, about 7 minutes.
Add the potatoes and cook for a few minutes. Add the can of coconut milk and all the spices and reduce heat to medium low. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
Add the frozen vegetables, cauliflower, and the refrigerated coconut milk. Stir and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
Serve right away over Basmati rice.
This is so good, and such an easy (and less expensive) way to get your Indian food fix!
I pretty much always keep the ingredients for this on hand because it’s so good! You can adjust the spiciness to your taste, and if you prefer different vegetables, go ahead and add them! Sometimes I’ll throw a cup of chickpeas in to add a little more protein.
What’s your quick and easy dinner that you turn to on busy nights?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Simple Macaroni Salad Recipe Without Mayo. - June 22, 2017
- Chocolate Sunbutter Cup Ice Cream Bars. - June 19, 2017
- Chicken Meatballs with Zoodles (Gluten and Egg Free). - June 12, 2017