Decadent three ingredient salted chocolate peanut butter hearts are a perfectly delicious no-bake treat!
If you are headed into this Valentine’s Day with a dairy allergy to think about, you may be looking at all the heart shaped candy at the store with a bit of sadness. So much store bought chocolate is loaded with dairy and soy, and it just won’t do if you are avoiding those allergens.
It’s easy to make your own dairy free chocolate hearts. Just use your favorite dairy free chocolate chips, sea salt flakes, and peanut butter. If you can’t do peanut butter, you can do sunbutter, a different nut butter, or you could just do solid chocolate. Either way, give these a try – the amount of effort is so minimal, but the result is delicious.
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips like Enjoy Life or PASCHA Chocolate
- 3½ Tablespoons creamy peanut butter or sunbutter
- several pinches of large flake sea salt
- Place a few flakes of sea salt in each heart in a silicone heart shaped candy mold. Set aside.
- Place the dairy free chocolate chips in a glass bowl and microwave on high for one minute. Stir and microwave in 10 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Add the peanut butter, a couple of pinches of sea salt, and stir, but not too well. You want some streaks of peanut butter to show amidst the chocolate.
- Using a small spoon, fill each heart with the chocolate peanut butter mixture. Don't overfill, it should be close to the top but not overflowing.
- Cover the tray with waxed paper and refrigerate until hard and set, about 6 hours. Remove from silicone mold.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
See how easy they are? And how much more delicious they are than store bought candy? You must make these. But please don’t blame me once you’ve accidentally eaten 6 or 8 of them. ;)
Are you making Valentine’s treats this week?