Okay, I know, I think I am the last person on earth to try overnight oats.
I think it’s because a lot of times when I see an overnight oats recipe it includes yogurt, and I just don’t want yogurt mixed into my oatmeal. I don’t know why, but that just doesn’t sound good to me, so that just cancelled out the whole concept of overnight oats.
But then I thought I could probably make them with more milk instead of yogurt, and I tried it that way, and…yay! Overnight oats that I like and that are so easy to make.
I definitely understand what the draw of overnight oats is…it’s really nice to throw everything in a jar and then wake up the next day and have breakfast ready to go. I’m all about simplicity! And I also really like having my breakfast in a cute little Mason jar. :)
Chocolate Chip Coconut Overnight Oats.
- 1/2 cup gluten free whole oats
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice I used coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2 Tablespoons dairy free chocolate chips
Place the oats, ground flax seed, and unsweetened coconut in a glass jar and whisk together.
Add the maple syrup, non-dairy milk, and chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Place the lid on and place in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning top with more coconut, chocolate chips, chia seeds, or nuts. Enjoy!
Of course, just like with regular oatmeal, you can top this any way you want. Fruit, nuts, more coconut, seeds, whatever you like! I could also see a chocolate peanut butter version of this being really good.
What are your feelings on overnight oats? Have you tried them?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Simple Macaroni Salad Recipe Without Mayo. - June 22, 2017
- Chocolate Sunbutter Cup Ice Cream Bars. - June 19, 2017
- Chicken Meatballs with Zoodles (Gluten and Egg Free). - June 12, 2017