We’ve had a few celebrations over here in the last month or so, and because of that I have a stockpile of dessert recipes. I feel like there’s no better way to start the week than with a cute little mini dessert!
So remember when I bought my little mini bundt pans at the thrift store?
That was one of my best finds! They’re so fun because you can make a regular cake batter – chocolate, vanilla, whatever – and when you bake it up in the mini bundt pans, it’s instantly fancy! Serve normal cake, and everyone’s like, “Oh yay, I love cake!” Serve mini bundt cakes, and people are all, “Wow! Look at that! Oohlala!! So fancy!” (More or less, your mileage may vary).
Anyway, these were a sweet little treat, and a great way to use up the endless supply of brown bananas in my freezer. If you want to be healthier, you can do coconut sugar instead of cane sugar. You can also skip the chocolate if you want, and just dust them with a little confectioner’s sugar.
- 1¾ cups gluten free flour blend (I used King Arthur)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut/organic canola oil blend (or use either organic canola OR coconut oil)
- 2 very ripe bananas
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 5 Tablespoons water
- 5 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- shredded coconut for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour six mini bundt pans.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the sugar and stir. Add the vanilla extract, vinegar, water, and oil, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the gluten free flour blend, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
- Add the coconut flakes and stir.
- Spoon into the mini bundt pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-29 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn pans over to remove cakes and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Make the chocolate glaze: Melt the chocolate chips on the stove, or in the microwave. Add the coconut oil and stir. Drizzle over cooled mini bundt cakes.
- Top with shredded coconut.
Have you made any mini desserts lately?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce. - February 6, 2017