It’s the 21st of the month…time for another Recipe Redux. Today’s Recipe Redux theme is Back to the Dinner Table.
The dinner table is actually something that we haven’t come away from…we’re always eating! But if you need a quick meal to get back to the table, this is it. It’s only about 20 minutes or so from start to finish to whip up this shrimp pasta.
So, looking at the picture above, it looks like we eat dinner at a nicely set table with glasses of wine and perfectly plated food. Ha!
I really should have taken a picture of our dinner table on a typical night. We usually sit at the table with a few other guests. You know, the usual lego minifigures, Star Wars guys, Thomas trains, etc. Sometimes creatures made out of modelling clay join us as well. :)
This is such an easy dinner. We bought two bags of frozen shrimp, added several cloves of garlic, butter, and a bunch of tomatoes from our garden and served it over gluten free spaghetti. You can add more veggies if you want – green beans, peppers, even peas would work!
- 2 pounds frozen large shrimp, shelled
- 6-8 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons butter or buttery spread
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- gluten free spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- Put the garlic and the olive oil in a large skillet and cook on medium heat.
- Place the shrimp in a colander and rinse under cool running water to thaw.
- Add the shrimp and vegan buttery spread to the skillet. Cook for about 7 minutes until the shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the tomatoes and stir.
- Serve over hot pasta.
Be sure to check out all the other dinner ideas below!
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Simply Delicious Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. - February 23, 2017
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017