This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DairyFree4All #CollectiveBias
What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year? Are you hosting? If so, are you starting to freak out a little?
One thing that I worry about when I host Thanksgiving is the timing and the oven space. Both are so important! You have the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, side dishes, and pies. All needed time, and all needing oven space.
I try my best to make some things ahead of time. Desserts are one thing that usually work out okay if you make them the night before. I’m guessing you might be like me and have a little time crunch, so I thought I’d share a super simple frozen chocolate chip pie that you can make a few days ahead of time!
This easy pie is made with SO Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert in two flavors: Vanilla Bean and Chocolate. We have been eating these wonderful dairy free frozen desserts for a long time – they are a family favorite!
And this pie is perfect if you have children – I know that my boys are not fans of pumpkin or apple pie (so crazy!), but they are huge fans of anything frozen and chocolate.
SO Delicious Dairy Free is a brand that you can trust – they’ve been around for 25 years, are certified vegan, are Non-GMO Project Verified, and contain no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. SO Delicious Dairy Free has a world-class allergen testing program so you can be comfortable knowing that these frozen treats are free from allergens.
This pie is so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients: allergy friendly cookies and vegan buttery spread for the crust, two flavors of SO Delicious Dairy Free Frozen Dessert, and dairy free chocolate chips. I chose to use coconut milk based vanilla bean and chocolate, but you could use any flavors that you like! I love the rich chocolate taste of the chocolate variety, and the vanilla bean is so creamy and delicious – a perfect accompaniment to a cookie crust.
To keep things really easy, I reccomend using a spring form pan for this dessert. That way once it’s frozen, you can just pop off the sides and slice the pie neatly. No sticking like you would have in a normal pie dish. I also found that using a pizza cutter helped me make nice clean cuts for a pretty presentation.
- about 1¼ cups cookie crumbs (I used gluten free cookies, use your favorite variety)
- 4 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread, melted
- 1 pint SO Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert, softened
- 1 pint SO Delicious Dairy Free Chocolate Coconut Milk Frozen Dessert, softened
- ¾ cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Place the cookies in the food processor and pulse unto they are finely ground.
- Add the melted vegan buttery spread and pulse a few times until combined.
- Press the crust mixture in the bottom of an 8 inch spring form pan. Press with a piece of waxed paper until it is smooth and covers the entire bottom of the pan.
- Spread the pint of chocolate frozen dessert over the crust. Sprinkle half of the dairy free chocolate chips on top.
- Spread the pint of the vanilla frozen dessert on top of the chips and spread around until smooth.
- Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Place in the freezer for at least two hours before serving.
- Remove the sides of the spring form pan and cut into slices using a pizza cutter. Enjoy!
I found SO Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Frozen Desserts at Walmart in the frozen food aisle.
Are you planning to make any no-bake desserts for Thanksgiving?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Testing 3 Different Gluten Free Flour Brands in a Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. - September 26, 2016
- Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. - September 22, 2016
- Self Care for Food Allergy Moms – 5 Simple Tips. - September 21, 2016