Ok, I know we are getting down to the wire here, but I just had to share another Thanksgiving favorite with you!
I’m starting to feel the Thanksgiving crunch a little, what about you?
A sure sign that I have a lot of stuff to do is that instead of focusing on the main thing, my brain starts focusing on alllllllllllll the other things that also need to be done (although not as urgently).
Like putting up one of the Christmas trees, and taking a picture of the boys for the Christmas card, and all the Black Friday online sales! These are the things that are on my mind this pre-Thanksgiving morning. :)
But there are a couple of dishes that I will make today, in spite of my procrastinating mood. I love recipes that can be made before the big day. This red cabbage slaw is such an easy side dish, and it’s one that you can make ahead of time.
It doesn’t get any easier than this – shred the cabbage and apples in the food processor, shake up the dressing in a jar, and that’s it! A sweet, tangy, crunchy cabbage salad that’s a pretty color as well!
- 1 medium head red cabbage
- 3 apples
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ⅜ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons organic canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Shred the cabbage and apples using a food processor. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place the apple cider vinegar, organic canola oil, sugar, and salt in a jar with a lid. Shake well.
- Add the green onions and the dressing to the bowl, and toss well until everything is coated.
- Refrigerate at least two hours, or until ready to serve. The flavor will improve the longer it sits.
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Best wishes for a day full of family, friends, and good food! :)