Good Morning! How are you? I’m sitting here munching on this granola and wondering if there’s any real reason to get out of my pajamas today. Don’t you love Christmas break? It’s all about movies, and family, and pajamas, and coziness. :)
I wanted to pop in this morning and share an easy last minute gift idea with you. Maybe there’s one person on your list that you need just one more thing for, or maybe you need a quick hostess gift and don’t want to battle the crowds. This granola recipe is easy to make and looks so cute when packaged up in a jar with twine.
This cranberry vanilla granola is full of flavor and crunch due to the addition of cranberries, cacao nibs, and sunflower seeds. It starts out with a basic granola recipe similar to the one I shared here. Then I added a few extra ingredients to make it even more delicious. You can add whatever you want – different seeds, chocolate chips, dried berries – it’s up to you! I put it in a quart sized jar and topped it with parchment paper and twine. It really couldn’t be easier.
And if you need more gift ideas, be sure to check out my Gluten Free Gifts in Jars eBook!
- 3 cups gluten free whole oats
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread, melted
- 5 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup cacao nibs
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the melted vegan buttery spread in a large bowl and add the vanilla extract and honey or maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Add the gluten free whole oats and stir well to coat.
- Spread the oats on the baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for about 45-55 minutes. Stir the oats every 15 minutes or so.
- Let the oats cool, then layer in a quart sized jar with the sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and cacao nibs. (Alternately you can mix everything together and then put in the jar).
- Place the granola in the jar and put the lid on. Top with parchment paper and baker's twine.
Are you making any last-minute gifts today?