Vegan and dairy free multigrain pancakes are light and fluffy – perfect for a Saturday morning! Enjoy these healthy pancakes with a warm blueberry sauce.
HOW on Earth is it already June 22nd? June is almost over…boo. But since it’s the 22nd, that means it’s time for another Recipe Redux…yay!
This month, the theme is something a bit different. We were asked to choose another Recipe Redux blogger and make one of their recipes or create a recipe inspired by one of their recipes. This was a tough assignment, to be honest! There are so many wonderful bloggers in this group, and so many reasons to choose many of them. Every month, there are tons of healthy recipes posted by these talented ladies.
In the end, I decided to create a recipe inspired by Dietitian Debbie Dishes. Whenever I visit her blog, I am absolutely inspired by not only her healthy, simple, colorful, vibrant recipes, but also by her absolutely gorgeous food photography.
I decided to create these dairy free multigrain pancakes inspired by her recipe for Vegan Oatmeal Pecan Pancakes. I loved the idea of including oatmeal in the pancakes, but since my boys don’t love that texture, I finely ground the oatmeal before adding it. You could also use oat flour if you happen to have that in the pantry. I love using spelt flour in my pancakes, and but you could use whole wheat flour if you prefer.
I topped these vegan multigrain pancakes with a simple sauce made from frozen blueberries and maple syrup. These pancakes are an easy and healthy breakfast!
I hope you love these vegan and dairy free multigrain pancakes! They’re:
- easy to make
- a great way to enjoy more whole grains
- vegan and nut free
- perfect when topped with fruit or maple syrup
- a healthy breakfast the whole family will love
- ¾ cup oats
- ¼ cup white spelt flour
- 1 cup whole spelt flour
- 1½ Tablespoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2½ Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2½ Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1¼ cup non-dairy milk
- vegan buttery spread for frying
- 1½ cups frozen blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Grind the oats in the food processor until a fine flour is formed. Place the white spelt flour, whole spelt flour, ground oats, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and non-dairy milk and stir gently until combined,
- Set aside and let rise for a few minutes.
- Place some vegan buttery spread in a skillet and heat over medium heat. Once the buttery spread is sizzling, spoon some batter into the pan. Let the pancakes cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the edges look done before flipping. Cook on the other side for another 3 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- Add more vegan buttery spread to the pan and cook the remaining pancakes.
- Place the frozen berries and maple syrup in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 2 minutes until the berries are heated through. Serve over the hot pancakes. Enjoy!
- Makes about 6-8 pancakes.
Inspired by Dietitian Debbie Dishes.
I hope you enjoy these pancakes, and all the other posts from the Recipe Redux below!