These healthy, superfood chocolate cups are so delicious, AND they are good for you! Healthy candy – it doesn’t get any better than that!
Let’s get down to business here. I like chocolate, my kiddos like chocolate…we maybe like it a little too much. If we ate chocolate as much as we wanted, I feel like we would have a little problem.
That’s why I love to make my own healthy, superfood chocolate. I can pack it full of superfoods and make it as healthy as I want. I still wouldn’t eat a whole truckload of it, because it is a treat, but I certainly feel a LOT better about this superfood chocolate than I do about the storebought stuff.
I find it very easy to make these chocolate treats in a muffin tin with paper liners. You can definitely make this in a chocolate bar mold if you wish. I would not recommend using any kind of candy mold that is too deep, as this superfood chocolate needs to be able to cool quickly and evenly for the best results.
- ¼ cup organic unrefined coconut oil (measure when solid)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tablespoons cacao nibs
- 3 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Line a muffin tin with 8 paper liners.
- Place the coconut oil in a glass bowl and microwave for about 15 seconds, until melted.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Divide the chocolate mixture between the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the chia seeds, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, and pumpkin seeds on top.
- Place in the refrigerator and let chill for at least 2 hours.
- Store in the refrigerator or the freezer to keep these fresh. They do get very melty at room temperature.
This superfood chocolate has a constant place in my freezer – it’s good to have a healthy version of chocolate on hand for when the craving strikes!