Start your day with an easy and healthy breakfast recipe – these chocolate cherry overnight oats are sure to be a favorite!
You know how I feel about the oven in the summer time, right? Keep it off as much as possible. Especially during a crazy heat wave like we’re having right now. And if I can keep the stove off, too, even better! I like to keep everything really cool in the house in times like these. It keeps everybody happier and more relaxed. :)
One thing that I find myself making more and more in the summer is overnight oats. Aren’t overnight oats the best? Especially chocolate cherry overnight oats – that’s my all time favorite variety I think.
If you’re like me, you’ll take any opportunity to eat cherries when they’re in season. This easy breakfast is a great way to enjoy them. And if cherries aren’t in season, any berry that you like will do! I also love this recipe with blueberries.
These chocolate cherry overnight oats are:
- gluten free and vegan
- delicious and easy to make
- perfect to serve on busy mornings
- full of fiber
- easier to digest than normal oatmeal
- ½ cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- 1½ Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ Tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- fresh sweet cherries, pitted and sliced
- dairy free chocolate chips
- Place the gluten free oats, non-dairy milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and salt in a jar with a lid and stir well. Place the lid on top and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, open the jar, stir the oats, and top with cherries and dairy free chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Do you love overnight oats as much as I do?