Start your day with an easy and healthy breakfast recipe – these chocolate cherry overnight oats are sure to be a favorite!
You know how I feel about the oven in the summer time, right? Keep it off as much as possible. Especially during a crazy heat wave like we’re having right now. And if I can keep the stove off, too, even better! I like to keep everything really cool in the house in times like these. It keeps everybody happier and more relaxed. :)
One thing that I find myself making more and more in the summer is overnight oats. Aren’t overnight oats the best? Especially chocolate cherry overnight oats – that’s my all time favorite variety I think.
If you’re like me, you’ll take any opportunity to eat cherries when they’re in season. This easy breakfast is a great way to enjoy them. And if cherries aren’t in season, any berry that you like will do! I also love this recipe with blueberries.
These chocolate cherry overnight oats are:
- gluten free and vegan
- delicious and easy to make
- perfect to serve on busy mornings
- full of fiber
- easier to digest than normal oatmeal
Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats.
- 1/2 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- fresh sweet cherries pitted and sliced
- dairy free chocolate chips
Place the gluten free oats, non-dairy milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and salt in a jar with a lid and stir well. Place the lid on top and store in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, open the jar, stir the oats, and top with cherries and dairy free chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Do you love overnight oats as much as I do?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Homemade Dairy Free Ranch Dressing. - April 7, 2017
- Vegan Chocolate Truffle Easter Eggs. - April 5, 2017
- Chocolate Gingerbread Mug Cake (Gluten Free and Vegan). - March 30, 2017