A refreshing blend of zucchini noodles, red onion, and a simple vinaigrette makes this summer salad perfect for hot days!
Our garden is exploding with zucchini right now, and I couldn’t be happier! We love this summer vegetable – whether it’s in salads, or zucchini bread, or even just lightly sautéed in olive oil with garlic. Darryl even loves to batter and fry zucchini, and has been known to fry a zucchini blossom or two as well.
When I heard that the Recipe Redux theme this month was “Get Your Fruit and Veggies in Shape,” I knew I would have to make a salad with zucchini noodles!
I love using my spiralizer, so this was another fun chance to use it for a summer recipe. Zucchini noodles take just a minute to make, and if you add a thinly sliced red onion and some homemade vinaigrette, you have a simple but flavorful zucchini noodle summer salad.
- 2 medium sized zucchini
- ¼ of a red onion, sliced very thin
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Italian seasoning, sugar, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Use your spiralizer to make zucchini noodles.
- Add the zucchini noodles and red onion to the dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
I love the gorgeous summer colors in this zucchini noodle salad! It’s such a fun summer side dish – perfect for serving at your next barbecue! If you’re planning to serve a crowd, you’ll have to double or triple this salad.
Be sure to check out all the other fruit and veggie recipes below!
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Simply Delicious Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. - February 23, 2017
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017