A creamy and healthy dip made from white beans, zucchini, and garlic. A delicious and easy to make appetizer!
I promised more zucchini recipes, and I wasn’t lying. :) As long as the garden is going strong, I have to figure out what to do with all the produce! And if I have a successful recipe, I’ll be sharing it for sure!
This recipe for white bean zucchini dip was born out of my love for bean dip and my need to sneak some zucchini into yet another dish. I remembered a recipe in a cookbook called “Desperation Entertaining” that called for zucchini, parsley, and tahini – all blended up into a creamy dip. We can’t do tahini, but I loved the idea of zucchini in a dip, so I decided to adapt it to suit our diet. If you are in need of an appetizer that’s allergy friendly, then this dip is for you!
White beans made a nice addition to the dip – they add protein and fiber, and when blended, they make this dip nice and creamy. I don’t miss the tahini at all! I love the fresh flavors of the garlic and parsley – they really liven this dip up!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup densely packed fresh parsley
- one 13 ounce container white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- juice from one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice the zucchini in half, and then into thick slices. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Let the zucchini cool, then place into a food processor along with all the other ingredients.
- Process on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add more salt if desired.
- Serve dip with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.
I think you’ll love this white bean zucchini dip. It’s:
- filling and healthy
- delicious and garlicky
- a great summer snack or appetizer
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Simply Delicious Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. - February 23, 2017
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017