Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Enjoy Life Foods. As always, all opinions are my own.
If you’re a parent to a food allergic child, what are your feelings about Halloween? Excitement? Anxiety? Sadness? Stress?
Or maybe a mixture of all those feelings. Sure, some parts of Halloween are exciting in spite of food allergies. Seeing your kiddos dressed up in super cute costumes is always fun. Getting together with friends and family is always fun.
But…there are the un-fun parts about Halloween as well. The fact that 99% of the candy your children receive isn’t safe for them and has to be whisked away as soon as they come home – that’s the opposite of fun. Of course, you may have already prepared for this scenario, and have a stockpile of safe treats or toys to trade for the unsafe candy.
Well, there’s something new and exciting that you can add to your stockpile of allergy friendly treats. Enjoy Life Baking Chocolate Snack Packs!
Mini bags of delicious chocolate chips that are free of the top 8 allergens (plus some more) – what could be better? These mini snack bags come in two varieties – the mini chocolate chips and the dark chocolate morsels. These delicious allergy friendly chocolate chips are made in a facility that’s nut free and free of many other allergens, too.
Just to make things even more fun, I created a little owl printable to wrap around these snack packs. You can download the printable right HERE. Simply cut them out and secure with a piece of tape.
These chocolate chip snack packs are perfect for Halloween of course, but are also great for packing in lunches, taking to the movies, and ideal for tucking into your purse for any kind of emergency chocolate situation you may have. :)
They’re also perfect for topping this homemade pumpkin ice cream.
This dairy free pumpkin ice cream is creamy, decadent and delicious. It’s lightly spiced and pairs perfectly with a sprinkling of chocolate chips. It’s a great treat to enjoy Halloween or any time!
- 22 fluid ounces of full fat coconut milk (2¾ cups)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup plus 1 Tablespoon pure pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- pinch of cloves
- Enjoy Life Baking Chip Snack Packs for topping
- Place the full fat coconut milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, spices, vanilla extract, and salt in your ice cream maker.
- Process according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in the freezer until ready to serve. If you store in the freezer, you will need to allow time to thaw slightly before eating.
- Top with Enjoy Life Baking Chips before serving if desired.
Right now, the chocolate chip snack packs can be found online – go here to order some today!
If you’d like to win two bags of the chocolate chip snack packs, please head over to my Instagram and enter the giveaway! US residents only.
How do you make sure your children feel included on Halloween? What special treats do you make at this time of year?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Simply Delicious Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. - February 23, 2017
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017