Stay cool this summer with the creamiest, easiest, most delicious banana nice cream. If you’ve never had this amazing dairy free frozen dessert, now is the time to try it! Learn how to make nice cream step by step with this recipe.
Summertime is here, and that means it’s time to bring out all the frozen desserts. If you have food allergies, you know it can be hard to pass by all the ice cream trucks or frozen custard stands in the summer months.
Thankfully, it’s pretty easy to make your own amazing dairy free, nut free, frozen treats. We like to use our ice cream maker for homemade cookie dough ice cream, and the popsicle mold for watermelon pops or pina colada popsicles.
But the easiest dairy free ice cream of all has to be banana nice cream. This smooth, creamy, naturally sweet dessert is made by blending frozen bananas until they reach a texture similar to soft serve.
For the very simplest nice cream, you just need frozen bananas! That’s right, you can make nice cream with just that one ingredient. I like to slice ripe bananas into coins, and then wrap them in foil and place in the freezer.
Whenever I buy bananas, I freeze a couple of them this way, and then I always have bananas ready for nice cream or a banana smoothie.
- You can make many different flavors of nice cream by adding ingredients to the bananas. Try mango nice cream, peach, or blueberry flavors.
- This recipe uses sunbutter and chocolate chips to make a deliciously sweet, chocolatey flavor with a hint of salt. If you can’t have sunbutter, you can leave it out, or use a different seed or nut butter of your choice.
- Other ideas for add-ins are sunflower seeds, sprinkles, chocolate candies, or coconut flakes.
- If you’d prefer to make a milkshake, just add some non-dairy milk to this mixture when blending.
I like to use my food processor to make nice cream – it blends the bananas very easily. If you have a high-powered blender like a Vitamix, that would also work very well.
Step by Step Instructions
- Place the frozen bananas, sunbutter, and chocolate chips in the food processor.
2. Start to process the ingredients. It will take a little bit of time for the frozen bananas to start to break apart.
3. As you continue to process the ingredients, the banana will start to break down into smaller pieces.
4. Continue to process, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. The nice cream will become smooth and creamy.
5. Scoop into bowls, top with more chocolate chips and sea salt flakes, and enjoy!
You can store leftover nice cream in the freezer, but you will need to thaw it out somewhat before you eat it. If you store it in the freezer, it will become very hard, like a block of ice.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
The Best Banana Nice Cream.
This easy nice cream is the perfect dairy free treat to enjoy in the hot summer months. Chocolate chips and sunbutter make this extra delicious.
- 3 bananas sliced into coins and frozen
- 2 Tablespoons sunbutter
- 3 Tablespoons dairy free chocolate chips
- sea salt flakes optional
- dairy free chocolate chips a few extra for on top if desired
Place the frozen banana coins, chocolate chips, and sunbutter into a food processor or high powered blender.
Process the ingredients to create a smooth consistency. First the bananas will break up into chunks, then smaller pieces, and then the mixture will resemble soft serve ice cream. Scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl as needed.
Scoop the nice cream into two bowls and top with a few more chocolate chips and sea salt flakes if desired. Enjoy!
This is best consumed right after making it. You can store leftovers in the freezer if you like, but it will become very hard when frozen, so you will need to allow it to thaw somewhat before eating.
You can use any seed or nut butter that you like, or you can leave it out entirely. Feel free to do what works for you.
This is really easy to make!