These vegan and gluten free banana oatmeal muffins are vegan and gluten free and very easy to make! Perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack.
Once again I was forced to bake something banana flavored, due to a huge stash of frozen bananas. It’s a rough life, right? ;)
I’m tempted to post a picture of my freezer with all the brown bananas stuffed inside, but I don’t think anyone needs to see that. Plus, it’s slightly more organized now…no one’s in danger of getting hit with a flying banana when they open the door.
Also, on a somewhat related note…did you see the story about the Michigan woman who found a black widow spider in a bag of grapes? Ugh! It reminds me of that story a couple of years ago about people finding spider eggs in bananas. Horrible!
Anyway, I’ve basically decided I can’t buy grapes ever again. Finding a black widow in my produce is practically my worst nightmare.
Okay…moving on to more pleasant thoughts, like these banana oatmeal muffins.
These banana oatmeal muffins are so easy to make, and just perfect for a quick breakfast or after school snack. I ground up some gluten free oats in the food processor to make oat flour to add some extra fiber to these muffins. If you happen to have oat flour on hand, you could use that instead.
These are best when the bananas are very ripe – they will have more flavor than if you use somewhat ripe bananas.
Enjoy these banana oatmeal muffins with:
- a cup of tea or coffee
- this whipped strawberry butter
- vegan buttery spread and a drizzle of honey
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Banana Oatmeal Muffins (Vegan and Gluten Free).
Vegan and gluten free banana oatmeal muffins make a great breakfast or after school snack.
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour blend or regular flour if you don’t need to be gluten free
- 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup organic canola oil or coconut oil
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Place the gluten free oats in a food processor and process on high speed to grind into a somewhat fine flour.
- Put the ground flax seed and water in a small cup and set aside to let it sit for a few minutes until it forms a gel.
- Place the bananas in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add the flax seed mixture, oil, and vanilla and stir. Add the sugars and stir again.
- Add the gluten free flour, ground oats, baking soda, and salt, and stir well. Spoon into the muffin pan, filling each liner 2/3 full. Sprinkle some gluten free oats on top if desired.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-23 minutes.
Sooo…I hardly dare to ask, but do you have any horrifying produce/insect/arachnid stories?