A dairy free berry smoothie is a great way to start your morning! This one is loaded with bananas, blueberries, and raspberries. Try this delicious drink for breakfast or for a post-workout snack.
Smoothies are a great way to start the day. It’s easy to make them fit your dietary needs, and they’re a pretty simple and quick breakfast. If your morning is hectic, smoothies can be a delicious way to enjoy a tasty, filling breakfast.
If you’re on a special diet, you might wonder about what liquid to use to blend a smoothie. The good news is, you can use just about anything! Try your favorite non-dairy milk, juice, or even water.
- Berries – I used frozen blueberries and raspberries in this recipe. You can use fresh berries if you like, but the smoothie won’t be as thick. Frozen berries give this a nice thick, frosty texture.
- Non-dairy Milk – I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage. You can use any non-dairy milk that you enjoy. Rice milk, oat milk, soy milk, hemp milk…any of those will work well. You can even use water if you wish!
Berries are full of antioxidants and vitamin C which help fight inflammation. They’re also high in fiber and nutrients like vitamin K, manganese, and folate.
Blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries contain fatty acids that can improve the smoothness of your skin and decrease inflammation. And bananas have vitamins A, C, and E, which heal and protect skin and slow the aging process.
More Smoothie Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Dairy Free Berry Smoothie.
A colorful and delicious berry banana smoothie that's full of antioxidants. This frosty smoothie is a great way to start your morning!
- 1 cup frozen banana coins one banana’s worth – I slice my bananas and freeze them on a cookie sheet
- 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
- ¼ cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of your choice I like SO Delicious coconut milk
- frozen berries for garnish
Place all ingredients in the blender and let thaw for about five minutes so that they are easier to blend.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour into a glass and top with fresh or frozen berries if desired.
This is best enjoyed immediately. You could refrigerate it for a day if you like, but the texture will not be as good. If you choose to store it, make sure to stir before drinking.