A delicious recipe for cheesy broccoli quinoa sausage casserole. This tasty casserole is a hearty fall meal!
This is healthy comfort food right here…lots of sausage in a bed of cheesy quinoa. So yummy! And it’s not too bad for you, either. Broccoli adds fiber and vitamin C, and quinoa is a good source of protein and more fiber.
There’s just something so comforting about a nice cheesy casserole, isn’t there? All the delicious flavors packed into one casserole dish. You can just dig in and enjoy! Serve with a salad if you want to, but this cheesy broccoli quinoa sausage casserole can stand on its own.
This casserole can be frozen if you wish. Place it in a freezer safe dish and cover it with foil. I would recommend using it within a month or two for best quality. When you are ready to eat it, make sure to keep it covered while cooking. It will cook faster without drying out if it is covered.
Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Sausage Casserole.
A delicious and healthy cheesy quinoa casserole with lots of flavor from broccoli and sausage.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3/4 cup Daiya shredded cheddar cheese Or regular cheese if you are not dairy free
- 1 cup non-dairy milk I used SO Delicious unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sausages I used al fresco brand chicken andouille sausages
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Place the quinoa, chopped onion, and 3 cups of water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover pan. Cook until the little ring separates from the quinoa. Fluff with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the Daiya cheese, spices, and non-dairy milk and stir over medium heat until the cheese melts.
- Chop the sausages up and add them to the mixture along with the broccoli florets. Stir until sausage and broccoli are hot.*
- Transfer mixture into a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- *If you want to freeze the casserole, let this mixture cool completely before transferring into the freezer. When you are ready to eat it, remove from the freezer to thaw in the refrigerator overnight. bake the covered casserole at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes until fully heated.
That’s all there is to it! A simple casserole, but it’s so tasty, and really filling! You can mix it up if you like, use different sausages, or different veggies. It’s such an easy dish that’s perfect for a lazy weekend.
This broccoli quinoa sausage casserole is perfect for:
- making ahead of time during busy weeks
- taking to a church potluck
- taking to a friend who’s had a baby