Creamy cherry chocolate nice cream is a rich and delicious dairy free dessert! Cool off with this chocolatey treat – it’s loaded with fresh cherries and lots of chocolate chips!
As with so many of the recipes on my site, this one was born out of an oversupply of bananas. It sounds funny, but it’s true!
I tend to buy bananas and then we just don’t eat them fast enough. This is a recurring theme at our house. But, it does result in lots of banana based desserts, so no one is really complaining over here.
The other day, I received my grocery delivery, and through some kind of mix-up, I had a huge amount of cherries in my order.
Oh well! We like cherries, and I thought it would be the perfect time to make a new dairy free ice cream recipe. So this cherry chocolate nice cream was born!
Nice cream is so easy to make, and this one has a few mix-ins like cocoa powder, fresh cherry pieces, and chocolate chips, so it feels extra decadent. It’s also a fun way to get your servings of fruit in for the day. You can even enjoy this recipe for breakfast – think of it like a smoothie bowl! Add some homemade granola on top for a little crunch.
Can I make nice cream without bananas?
I have not tried this recipe without bananas, but this cherry berry nice cream is banana-free. It’s very light and delicious – more like a sorbet. Bananas do add creaminess to this recipe, so if you are looking for a creamy nice cream, bananas are probably an important addition.
Can I store leftover banana nice cream in the freezer?
Yes, you can store any leftovers in the freezer. Just allow a bit of time for them to thaw before eating as it will be frozen solid, and not creamy straight out of the freezer.
How to make cherry chocolate nice cream:
- Place frozen cherries, frozen banana pieces, cocoa powder, and maple syrup in a food processor.
- Process on high speed – the fruit will start to break up. It will become smaller pieces at first.
- Continue processing, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed, until the nice cream is smooth and creamy.
- Add the chopped cherries and chocolate chips and stir in before serving.
You can also view how to make this vegan ice cream in the short video below:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Cherry Chocolate Nice Cream.
For the toppings:
- 2 Tablespoons dairy free mini chocolate chips
- 6 cherries finely chopped
- Place the frozen bananas, cherries, cocoa powder, and maple syrup in the food processor. Let the fruit sit for 5-10 minutes to thaw slightly.
- Process on high speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy. First the fruit will start to break up, and then it will slowly start to become very smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the chopped cherries and chocolate chips and gently stir with a spoon.
- Enjoy immediately.