This chocolate sunbutter fudge is a chocolate lover’s dream! Rich dark chocolate has a swirl of sunbutter on top for a delectable nut free treat. This is an easy no-bake dessert for the holiday season.
When the holidays are just a couple of days away, it’s time to get out all the easy recipes.
I love a good no-bake dessert at any time of year, but easy treats that don’t require the oven are especially helpful during the busy holiday season.
This rich chocolate sunbutter fudge is another delicious dessert that takes very little prep time. It’s just right for your holiday gatherings!
Allergy Friendly Ingredients
- dairy free chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
- full fat coconut milk or cream
This recipe works best if you use full fat coconut milk made by Native Forest or Taste of Thai.
Please use dark chocolate chips by Enjoy Life or PASCHA Chocolate. If you use milk chocolate or mini chips, the fudge will not set.
Use a powdered sugar that has tapioca starch, not cornstarch. The tapioca is better at thickening the fudge and allowing it to set.
- Heat the coconut milk over medium heat until it starts to steam.
- Add the powdered sugar and chocolate chips, stirring until everything is smooth and melted.
- Spread the fudge into a square pan that has been lined with parchment.
- Swirl ¼ sunbutter on top of the fudge. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
The only thing you can really substitute in this recipe is the type of seed/nut butter you use. Sunbutter, pumpkin seed butter, Wowbutter, or any other nut or seed butter that is safe for your diet should be fine in this recipe.
You can’t use any other dairy free milk. This recipe will only work with full fat coconut milk or cream. Please do not try this recipe with oat milk, soy milk, or rice milk. It will not work.
Tips for Success
- Use the exact ingredients the recipe calls for. This is not a recipe that works well with substitutions.
- Line the pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over two sides. That way you can use the edges of the paper to pull the slab of fudge over the pan.
- If your can of coconut milk has a lot of liquid, drain that out. You can refrigerate your can of coconut milk for a couple of hours to more easily separate the milk from the cream.
This sunbutter fudge tastes like peanut butter fudge to me. It’s the perfect combination of chocolate and salty sunbutter. Add some flakes of sea salt on top to enhance the sweet and salty combo!
This fudge is rich, smooth, and super creamy. It’s not sugary like regular fudge recipes. That deliciously rich texture is due to the full fat coconut milk, which is very creamy and decadent.
Watch the video to see how to make this fudge:
More Fudge Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate Sunbutter Fudge (Allergy Friendly).
- 13.5 ounces canned full fat coconut milk I use Taste of Thai brand or Native Forest brand. Drain out any excess liquid.
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar I use corn free confectioner’s sugar
- 3 cups dairy free dark chocolate chips – PASCHA 85% Bittersweet chips or Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
- ¼ cup sunbutter or wowbutter, or any seed butter that works for you
- sea salt flakes optional
- Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment so that it hangs over two sides.
- If your can of coconut milk has a lot of excess liquid on the top, pour that out before proceeding. You can refrigerate the can of coconut milk for a couple of hours to make it easier to separate the cream from the milk.
- Put the full fat coconut milk in a pan and heat over medium low heat, until it starts to steam. Sift in the confectioner's sugar and stir until combined. Do not overheat or boil.
- Add the dark chocolate chips and stir well until fully melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan and spread out evenly with a spatula. Spoon the subutter on top of the fudge and swirl it with a knife to create a marble look.
- Let the fudge cool for about 30 minutes on the counter. Sprinkle sea salt flakes on top if desired.
- Place in the refrigerator for two to three hours or until the fudge is firm.
- Use the 2 sides of the parchment paper to remove the fudge from the pan, then use a very sharp knife to slice the fudge into squares.
- Store in an airtight container the refrigerator.
- Native Forest or Taste of Thai full fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- Corn free confectioner’s sugar, like Wholesome brand
- Dairy free dark chocolate chips – Enjoy Life Dark Morsels or PASCHA brand 85% cocoa work well (don’t use mini chips or milk chocolate chips)
- Sunbutter, Wowbutter, or your favorite seed/nut butter