Cranberry blueberry crisp is the perfect seasonal dessert for your holiday table. This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and vegan, so all can enjoy it! This buttery, warm dessert is the perfect combination of sweet, tart, deliciousness.
Don’t you just love it when you start to see holiday ingredients in the grocery store?
I love to see gingerbread houses, fruitcake, and egg nog start to appear on the shelves. And also pomegranates, and lots of citrus, and cranberries, of course.
I usually only buy cranberries to make a cranberry relish for Thanksgiving, but one year I decided to buy an extra bag and make a dessert with them. I was thinking of putting them in a pie, but then I decided a cranberry blueberry crisp was the way to go. I like pie, but I LOVE crisp…I can’t get over a crunchy crumb topping.
I decided to add blueberries to the crisp, and I loved the way they looked with the bright red cranberries.
This crisp can be made in the morning on Thanksgiving, and it only takes a minute to mix up and about a half hour to bake. Then your oven is free for all the other things you need to make!
- Cranberries – Either fresh or frozen cranberries will work well. You can find the fresh cranberries in the produce section at the grocery store.
- Blueberries – Fresh or frozen blueberries are fine in this recipe. I tend to use frozen blueberries because I usually make this in the winter months.
- Certified Gluten Free Oats – If you’re gluten free, be sure to purchase certified gluten free oats. We like GF Harvest brand, which can be ordered from Amazon, but there are many brands available.
- Gluten Free Flour Blend – Namaste Perfect Flour Blend works well for making this crisp topping.
- Vegan Buttery Spread – We like Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Spread, but you can use a different brand of vegan butter if that works for you.
- If you don’t like cranberries, you can use raspberries or cherries instead.
- If you don’t want to add blueberries, you can add a different berry, or even some apples, like in my cranberry apple crisp recipe.
- If you are able to eat dairy, feel free to use regular butter.
This dessert is just delicious with dairy free vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream on top.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Cranberry Blueberry Crisp.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Rinse and drain the cranberries and place them and the frozen blueberries in a square baking dish. Sprinkle with the 3 Tablespoons of sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the certified gluten free oats, gluten free flour blend, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Add the vegan buttery spread, and mix together using a pastry cutter until it resembles a crumb topping.
- Spread the crumb topping over the berries and bake at 375 degrees F for about 35 minutes or until the berries are bubbly and the crumb topping is lightly browned.