Extra creamy dairy free vanilla ice cream is loaded with chocolate sandwich cookies for a delicious summer dessert! You won’t believe this cookies and cream ice cream is vegan!
What was your favorite ice cream flavor when you were growing up? I had a few favorites…chocolate chip, moose tracks, chocolate chip cookie dough, and cookies and cream ice cream were all up there as favorite flavors.
And if we were headed to Dairy Queen, well, it was a cookies and cream Blizzard that I ordered, pretty much every single time. So of course I needed to remake my childhood favorite in my ice cream maker here at home.
This was such an easy flavor to recreate! I used coconut milk and maple syrup, and crumbled in some chocolate sandwich cookies, and that was all there was to it. But the result was SO good. The texture of this dairy free cookies and cream ice cream reminded me of a Blizzard.
You will need to decide what type of chocolate sandwich/oreo cookies to get based on your dietary needs. Actual oreos are vegan, as are some different brands. I like the kinnikinnick brand – those are gluten free. If you need to make your own chocolate sandwich cookies, try this gluten free and vegan recipe.Delicious and decadent #dairyfree and #vegan cookies and cream ice cream! Click To Tweet
This dairy free cookies and cream ice cream is:
- decadent and full of cookie pieces
- a special treat for summer
- loved by all!
Dairy Free Cookies and Cream Ice Cream.
Delicious and decadent cookies and cream dairy free ice cream - a perfect summery dessert!
- Place the culinary coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt in your ice cream maker.
- Process according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- About 5 minutes before it is done processing, add the crumbled oreo cookies.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in the freezer. If you store in the freezer, you will need to allow time to thaw slightly before eating.
*If you can't find this brand of coconut milk, you can use any brand of coconut cream.
I hope you enjoy this dairy free ice cream recipe as much as we did!