Crispy, crunchy crackers are so easy to make, and require just a few basic ingredients! This easy gluten free cracker recipe is one you’ll make again and again.
Yesterday I shared my recipe for easy and creamy tomato carrot soup. Today, I want to share a super easy gluten free cracker recipe. I posted two gluten free cracker recipes previously, and this one is similar, but has more of a salty, buttered flavor…kind of saltine-like, which is just perfect for serving with soup.
It’s quite easy to make your own gluten free crackers, and it’s much less expensive than buying a box of gluten free crackers from the store. There are a few tricks to getting these crackers to turn out well, but once you’ve mastered the basics, you’ll be surprised at how quickly you can whip up a batch of these gluten free crackers.
Tips to make this gluten free cracker recipe a success:
- You may need to adjust the amount of liquid depending on the brand of flour that you use. The dough should not be crumbly – if it is, add a bit more water.
- Rolling out gluten free dough can be tricky – make sure you use two pieces of parchment paper.
- Keep an eye on these as they bake – if the edges are thinner than the middle, they may get done first. You can remove the edges once they are done, just be careful and quick.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Gluten Free Cracker Recipe
These homemade gluten free crackers are super easy to make and much cheaper than store bought varieties.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, melted buttery spread, and honey (or agave nectar). Add the gluten free flour blend and sea salt , and 1/4 cup of water.
- Stir until the dough is thick and comes together into a ball.
- If the dough is dry and crumbly, you will need to add more water, but just add a little bit at a time, don’t overdo it. *(Some gluten free flour blends will require more water to form a dough).
- Place the ball of dough between two pieces of parchment and using a rolling pin, roll until very thin, about 1/8 inch thick. Try to keep the dough the same thickness, even at the edges, to avoid burning.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper from the dough. Keep the dough on the bottom piece of parchment paper and move onto a cookie sheet. Using a very sharp knife, cut the dough into 1.5 inch squares, but do not separate.
- Sprinkle a little water on the dough, and smooth over the squares with your fingers. Sprinkle sea salt or seasoned salt on top of the squares.
- Bake at 400 degrees until crisp, about 15-20 minutes. Rotate the cookie sheet after about ten minutes. Keep your eye on the crackers - it could take a little more or less time, it really depends on the gluten free flour blend that you use and how thin you roll the dough.
- Let crackers the cool fully on the cookie sheet, then break apart. If you have any left over, store in an airtight container. We hardly ever have any left though, they are so tasty!
I have successfully made these homemade gluten free crackers using the following flour blends: Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Flour Blend, Pamela’s Products Gluten Free Artisan Flour Blend, Mrs. Glee’s Gluten Free Performance Blend, Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour, and my own gluten free flour mix.
You should just plan to make a couple batches of these…they go sooooo quickly!