There’s nothing like a comforting bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup when you’re under the weather. This version is gluten free and allergy friendly!
There are so many reasons to have a good homemade chicken noodle soup recipe up your sleeve.
Chilly winter days, a yucky head cold that’s making the rounds in your family, a Sunday dinner, making a meal for a friend who’s had a baby…these are just a few occasions that call for chicken noodle soup.
Another really good reason to have a solid recipe for chicken noodle soup is that it’s usually a recipe everyone in the family can enjoy. From toddlers on up, you can probably make this recipe work for your family.
You’ll want to find a brand of pasta and a brand of broth that works for your particular allergy needs. Once you have those two ingredients, the rest of the recipe just falls into place.
Not a pasta fan? You could adapt this recipe to make chicken rice soup. Just add 2 cups of cooked white rice to the pot a few minutes before the end of the cooking time.
Simply Delicious Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 64 ounces chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- gluten free fettucine broken into small pieces
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion, carrots, and celery in a large soup pot or dutch oven. Cook over medium heat until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat slightly and simmer for about 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken thighs from the pot and place them on a plate. Chop the chicken into small pieces and return to the pan.
- Take about half of a box of gluten free fettucine and break into small pieces. Place the pasta in the pot and simmer until the pasta is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.