Lemon pasta with chicken and peas is an easy and tasty meal that the whole family will love! Use your favorite gluten free pasta or zucchini noodles to make this allergy friendly.
When spring or summer rolls around, there’s nothing I like more than a nice lemony pasta. Lemon is such a nice, light flavor for spring!
Tender chicken, fresh peas, and a light and delicious sauce make a tasty dinner that is simple to make. You will love this recipe, and I think your family will, too!
This dish is easy to make, and it’s easily adaptable for your dietary needs.
If you are gluten free, use your favorite gluten free pasta. If not, use your favorite regular pasta! Veggie noodles are also a nice option with this chicken.
- Gluten Free Pasta – Check out gluten free pasta by Jovial, Cybele’s, Barilla, and more! There are many different options to choose from. Be sure to call and find out what brand is suitable for your dietary needs.
- Chicken Thighs – I like bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe. They are tender and have lots of flavor. Chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Use a meat thermometer and insert it into the thickest part to make sure the chicken is cooked properly.
- Chicken Broth – Use your favorite brand of chicken broth or stock. You can also use homemade chicken stock if you like.
- Peas – I like peas in this recipe, but you could also use green beans if you prefer.
If you have a brand of rotisserie chicken that you know is safe for you, you can buy one of those and just remove the meat and shred it. Then proceed with making the sauce. The sauce will not be quite as flavorful, because you won’t have the pan juices to work with. But if you are in a rush, this can be a nice way to get dinner on the table extra quickly.
- You can serve this chicken over zucchini noodles or any other vegetable noodle! You could also serve it alongside dairy free mashed potatoes.
- If you don’t like peas, just leave them out! You can add green beans or carrots if you prefer.
- We like this pasta with chicken, but you can leave that out, or try adding some roasted chickpeas.
Learn to make SAFE, tasty food for your family. Join my community today and start getting all my best tips, tricks, and allergy friendly recipes in your inbox.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Lemon Pasta with Chicken and Peas.
Roast the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the chicken pieces in a casserole dish. Drizzle the olive oil on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken at 450 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Make the sauce:
- Remove the chicken from the casserole dish and set aside to cool. Pour the juices from the casserole dish into a sauce pan and add the broth and lemon juice. Cook over medium high heat until the sauce is reduced by about one fourth – this should take 5-6 minutes. Set aside.
- While the chicken cools, make the pasta according to package directions.
- Once the chicken is cool, remove the skin and discard. Take the meat off the bones and shred it.
- Add the chicken and the peas to the sauce and heat through. Stir in the vegan buttery spread. Serve over gluten free pasta or zoodles.
Adapted from this recipe.
This recipe was originally posted in April 2013. It has been updated.