Chocolate chip banana oatmeal cookies are lighter and healthier than the usual version!
Happy Friday! It’s the weekend, hooray! That means Darryl will be off for a couple of days, and I’m hoping to get some things done around the house. We need to do some pretty serious organizing in my office/our home school room – it’s out of control right now! I’ve been stalking Craigslist for a large cabinet or armoire that I can use as a school supply/art supply cabinet. I’m hoping that one of the ones I’ve emailed about will work out. Then we can pick it up and I can get busy organizing, which makes me very happy. I’m a nerd about sorting and organizing, I love it. Buying baskets, organizing markers by color, that stuff makes me happy. Thank goodness IKEA isn’t closer, otherwise I’d be in trouble. ;)
Anyway, in spite of all this nerdy organizational planning, I had time to make chocolate chip banana oatmeal cookies yesterday. I decided to make some banana chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, and since I had a container of Vanilla Cultured Coconut Milk, I used that in place of a lot of the oil in this recipe, making this a lighter and healthier recipe. The banana and the yogurt make these cookies tender and moist without a lot of added fat. And bonus – these sweet cookies are gluten free, and can be made in less than 30 minutes!
Lightened Up Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe banana with a fork. Add the SO Delicious Vanilla Cultured Coconut Milk, canola oil, and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Add the almond meal, sugar, salt, and cinnamon and stir.
- Add the gluten free oats and dairy free mini chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-18 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets.
What do you have planned this weekend?