Sometimes the simplest desserts are the tastiest! If you love cookies and cream, you will love this no bake oreo pie. With an oreo cookie crust, fluffy whipped topping, and melted chocolate on top, this dairy free dessert is a winner!
This dessert is almost too easy.
It’s so easy, I wondered if I should bother sharing it. But when I made it, my husband and my sons were raving about it! They couldn’t stop singing the praises of this pie.
Since it’s so easy, and seems to be such a crowd pleaser, I thought I’d better share this simple no bake oreo pie right away! This is the perfect dessert to make this spring and summer.
It takes just 4 ingredients to make this delicious pie. It’s easy to make an oreo crust, and with all the allergy friendly ingredients on the market today, you can very likely make this pie work for your dietary needs.
Whipped topping and a drizzle of chocolate take this dessert over the top! I think you’ll love this easy dessert.
- chocolate sandwich cookies
- vegan buttery spread
- whipped topping
- chocolate chips
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies – There are a lot of options to choose from! We like Kinnikinnick K Toos, which are gluten free, but they do have a “may contain” warning for eggs. You could look into the new gluten free Oreos, or use Enjoy Life Crunchy Chocolate Cookies, or even make your own chocolate sandwich cookies. Choose the option that’s best for your family.
- Vegan Buttery Spread – We use Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Spread. There are other brands of dairy free butter out there – I think they would also work just fine.
- Whipped Topping – We love So Delicious Original Coco Whip. I have not had success with Coco Whip Light and do not recommend it. If there isn’t a brand of whipped topping that works for your dietary needs, you could use dairy free vanilla ice cream instead.
- Chocolate Chips – Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips, Chocolate Chunks, or Mini Chocolate Chips would all work just fine.
Step by Step Instructions
- Grind up the chocolate sandwich cookies in the food processor to make crumbs. Add the melted vegan buttery spread and pulse until the mixture comes together.
2. Press the cookie crumb mixture into a tart pan or pie pan.
3. Spread the thawed Coco Whip over the cookie crust.
4. Sprinkle more cookie crumbs on the whipped topping, then drizzle melted chocolate chips over the top. Place the pie in the refrigerator and chill for 4 hours or longer. If you don’t let it chill in the refrigerator, it will still taste good, but the slices will not be as neat.
Store this pie in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh for up to 5 days.
More No Bake Desserts
- No Bake Rainbow Fruit Tart
- Chocolate Sunbutter Bars
- Mini Chocolate Raspberry Pies
- Monster Cookie Dough Bites
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
No Bake Oreo Pie (Gluten Free, Vegan).
For the crust:
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies K-toos, gluten free Oreos, or a similar cookie
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread melted (We use Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Spread)
For the whipped layer:
- 9 ounces So Delicious Original Coco Whip thawed (You can also use Cool-Whip, or a different whipped topping)
- Place the chocolate sandwich cookies in the food processor and grind up until they resemble coarse crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until mixed together.
- Press the chocolate cookie crust mixture into the bottom and sides of a 10-inch tart pan. Use your hands or a flat bottomed cup to press it in firmly.
- Spread the thawed Coco Whip over the cookie crust.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Start with one minute, then stir and microwave again for 10 seconds at a time if necessary to melt them fully. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Crumble the 4 chocolate sandwich cookies and sprinkle over the Coco Whip. Drizzle the melted chocolate chips on top.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow the pie to firm up. If you don't let it chill, it will still taste good, but it will not be easy to slice it neatly.