Sugar cookies with chocolate drizzle are a tasty and delicious treat to make for the holidays! Gluten free and vegan.
Is there anything better than sugar cookies? How about gluten free sugar cookies with chocolate drizzle?
These sugar cookies are so easy to make, and they’re gluten free, vegan, and top 8 allergen free! Sugar cookies are a must during the holiday season, and it’s so simple to make these allergy friendly.
With a good gluten free flour blend (like Namaste or King Arthur), and plenty of chilling time, you can have beautiful sugar cookies that hold their shape during baking.
To keep things simple, I just used a scalloped round cookie cutter for these cookies. But you could make your gluten free sugar cookies any shape you like! Trees for Christmas, hearts for Valentine’s Day, flowers for springtime…there’s lots of possibilities!
Sugar Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle.
- Cream the buttery spread until fluffy. Add the unsweetened applesauce and vanilla extract and continue to mix on medium speed.
- Add the gluten free flour and salt and mix on medium speed. If the dough seems crumbly, you may need to add a little bit more vegan buttery spread.
- Divide dough in half, and make into two discs. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it sit for a few minutes to soften slightly.
- Flour the rolling surface and the rolling pin. Unwrap the dough and sprinkle flour on top. Roll the dough out until it is about ¼ inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes, and place cookies on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until golden brown on edges. Keep an eye on them, don’t overbake or they will be too crisp.
- Let cool on sheets for a few minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
For the chocolate drizzle:
- Place chocolate chips in bowl and microwave for one minute, then stir. If not fully melted, microwave in 10 second intervals until completely melted. Spoon into a ziploc bag and trim the end off, then squeeze and drizzle the chocolate over fully cooled cookies.
- Place in the refrigerator to let the chocolate harden, then enjoy!
If you love cut-out cookies, try these vegan and gluten free iced gingerbread cookies!