Garlic roasted broccoli is the perfect easy side dish for any meal. Kids and adults love this flavorful, tender broccoli with crispy brown edges. If you’re feeling bored with this veggie, you have to try it roasted with lots of garlic – you won’t be disappointed.
What’s your favorite way to eat broccoli?
Roasted broccoli takes very little prep time, and it’s nice and crispy and full of flavor. It’s a great side dish to serve with chicken, fish, or just about anything. We love it alongside roasted chicken legs or even with turkey sloppy joes.
This is the perfect way to get your kids to enjoy broccoli. It’s salty, crispy, and just all around delicious.
I like roast broccoli at 425 degrees F for about 20 – 25 minutes. The edges of the broccoli florets should be brown and crispy.
- You can roast frozen broccoli florets if you don’t have fresh broccoli. It may take a few extra minutes for them to get brown and crisp, but it should still work!
- If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can use jarred minced garlic. You could also use a teaspoon of garlic powder in a pinch.
Step by Step Instructions
- Toss broccoli florets with olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes, until brown and crisp on the edges.
Tips for Success
- Be sure to pat the broccoli dry after you rinse it off. If you don’t the edges may not get as crispy.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Cut the broccoli into florets that are about the same size so that they all cook evenly.
- Try adding a pinch of red pepper flakes for a spicier version.
- Add some nutritional yeast to make a cheesy, savory version of this recipe.
- If you are able to eat dairy, parmesan cheese is delicious sprinkled on top after the broccoli is done cooking.
You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for three days. It’s best when it’s fresh, though! And if your family loves this as much as mine does, you won’t have any leftovers!
🍽 Looking for more comforting dinner recipes? Join my community to get delicious gluten free, dairy free, and top 9 free recipes in your inbox each week!
If you love broccoli, try the creamy and comforting casserole in the video below:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
The Tastiest Garlic Roasted Broccoli.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash the broccoli crowns and pat them dry. Trim the florets off of the broccoli crowns. Place them on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, and add the minced garlic. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper
- Bake at 425 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. The edges should get brown and crispy.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired.