This slow cooker lamb soup is easy to make, savory, and so delicious. This is the perfect soup to make on a chilly day. Serve with your favorite bread or gluten free crackers.
I love a good bowl of soup in the fall and winter. Warm, savory soup with a slice of toast or some gluten free crackers is a favorite easy lunch around here.
We also love a heartier meal, like this slow cooker lamb soup. It’s so flavorful, with chunks of lamb, onion, celery, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, and a savory broth.
The best part is, the slow cooker does most of the work for you! Chop up your ingredients, then let the slow cooker simmer this soup all day long so you can enjoy a delicious dinner in the evening.
- Lamb Stew Meat – I like to get the lamb stew meat from Capra Foods, which I can order through Imperfect Foods (affiliate link). You can also get lamb stew meat from most grocery stores. If you don’t have lamb, this soup can be made with beef.
- Broth – I have made this with both beef broth and chicken broth. Either one works well. Use the brand that works for your dietary needs.
- Potatoes – This soup is made with both Yukon Gold potatoes and sweet potatoes. You could use red skin potatoes, or skip the potatoes and use parsnips and carrots instead if you like.
This recipe is made in a slow cooker. I love using a slow cooker for lamb soup because the meat comes out so super tender. It may be possible to make this on the stove, but I really think the result will be best if you cook it slowly in a crock pot.
Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh for 3-4 days.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Lamb Soup.
- Place the ingredients into the slow cooker in the following order: chopped onion and celery, lamb, potatoes, sweet potatoes, broth, and spices.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 6 hours. You could also set the slow cooker to high and cook for 4 hours.
- Serve with crackers or fresh bread.