These healthy, superfood chocolate cups are so delicious, AND they are good for you! Healthy candy – it doesn’t get any better than that!
Let’s get down to business here. I like chocolate, my kiddos like chocolate…we maybe like it a little too much. If we ate chocolate as much as we wanted, I feel like we would have a little problem.
That’s why I love to make my own healthy, superfood chocolate. I can pack it full of superfoods and make it as healthy as I want. I still wouldn’t eat a whole truckload of it, because it is a treat, but I certainly feel a LOT better about this superfood chocolate than I do about the storebought stuff.
I find it very easy to make these chocolate treats in a muffin tin with paper liners. You can definitely make this in a chocolate bar mold if you wish. I would not recommend using any kind of candy mold that is too deep, as this superfood chocolate needs to be able to cool quickly and evenly for the best results.
Superfood Chocolate (Paleo and Vegan).
- Line a muffin tin with 8 paper liners.
- Place the coconut oil in a glass bowl and microwave for about 15 seconds, until melted.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Divide the chocolate mixture between the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the chia seeds, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, and pumpkin seeds on top.
- Place in the refrigerator and let chill for at least 2 hours.
- Store in the refrigerator or the freezer to keep these fresh. They do get very melty at room temperature.
This superfood chocolate has a constant place in my freezer – it’s good to have a healthy version of chocolate on hand for when the craving strikes!