One of the treats I made for the recital this year were chocolate and sprinkle covered mini cream puffs. When the recital comes around, I don’t have a ton of time to make a lot of treats from scratch, so I try to keep it super simple. My mom helps me with some of the baking as well. This year we had brownies, rice krispie treats, chocolate covered strawberries, lemonade punch and these little cream puffs. I bought the mini cream puffs from Costco and just melted some chocolate chips and dipped the tops of them in chocolate. Then I dipped them in colorful sprinkles.
Then I stuck them back in the freezer to harden the chocolate up. They were a hit! Of course the kids love sprinkles, and the mini cream puffs did look super festive on the refreshment table.
I think these would be a cute dessert for a baby shower or a graduation party. You could definitely do sprinkles in just pink or blue, or even in school colors for a graduate!
If you’re doing a holiday party, these would also be super cute dipped in white chocolate with red and green sprinkles.
- Store bought mini cream puffs
- chocolate chips (white chocolate would work, too)
- Melt the chocolate chips - you can do this on the stove, or in the microwave.
- Dip the cream puffs in the melted chocolate chips.
- Dip the chocolate part into the sprinkles.
- Set on a cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator to firm up.
These sprinkle topped mini cream puffs are:
- easy to make
- the perfect size for a small treat!
I hope you try these little treats for your next party! They are fun to make, and fun to eat!
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Testing 3 Different Gluten Free Flour Brands in a Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. - September 26, 2016
- Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. - September 22, 2016
- Self Care for Food Allergy Moms – 5 Simple Tips. - September 21, 2016