Spring vegetable pasta is the perfect light and tasty dinner to enjoy in the warmer weather! Asparagus, pasta, and a light sauce make this a delicious spring meal!
For some reason, I can’t get enough asparagus lately…are you with me on that? The asparagus in the stores has been the really thin kind that I love. It cooks up so quickly, and it’s so tender. We love to roast it until it’s bright green and crisp tender.
For this spring vegetable pasta, you can either roast the asparagus separately, or just chop it and throw it in the pan with the other veggies.
This sauce is really lemony, so if you aren’t a huge lemon fan, you may want to cut back on the lemon a little bit. When you’re ready to assemble the pasta, start out by adding about 2/3 of the sauce to the bowl. Taste it and see what you think – usually that’s where I start, and I just have the rest of the dressing on the table so that people can add it to their serving if desired.
Spring Vegetable Pasta.
For the sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- Prepare the sauce: Put the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper in a jar with a lid. Shake well. Set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, place the olive oil and red onion in a large skillet. Cook until the onion is soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add the yellow squash and corn and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and asparagus and cook until they are tender but still bright green. Remove from heat.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and put in a large bowl. Add the vegetables. Shake the sauce again and drizzle about 2/3 of the jar over the pasta and veggies. Toss to coat. Taste and adjust the amount of sauce or salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately.
- *You can also prepare the asparagus separately by roasting it at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes until tender and bright green. Add it to the bowl with everything else in the last step.
This dish is so easy to make on a busy night. If you wanted to add different veggies or more protein, you could definitely customize it!
Is it finally feeling like spring where you are?