As the weather cools, I get into more of a candle burning/essential oil diffusing mood. I want my house to smell cozy and delicious, and my favorite way to do that is to use essential oils.
Although I do love candles, one of the benefits of diffusing essential oils is that they have other properties besides just smelling nice. Essential oils can calm you down, wake you up, clear your head, help your immune system, and change the mood in your home.
I know that sometimes people hesitate to use essential oils because they aren’t sure how to use them. Essential oils don’t have to be overwhelming!
Diffusing oils in your home is a great way to get started with essential oils. You can find out what oils you like, and learn a little bit about the properties of the different oils. This is a good way to dip your toe into the water. :)
There are so many different essential oil combinations that you can use, but I just wanted to highlight a few here today. I use an essential oil warmer with a candle. I prefer this method, even though there are cool mist diffusers available now as well. Maybe I’m just old-fashioned, but I think the candle glowing is cozier.
With an oil warmer, you put some water in first, then drip the oils in. After you’ve added all the oils, light the candle below. Keep an eye on everything, because you don’t want all the water to evaporate.
Here are some ideas for blends to get you started. These are just a few ideas, and they use essential oils that are commonly available from Whole Foods, Amazon, or a health food store.
Easy Essential Oil Blends to Use in Your Home.
Clean and Fresh Citrus Blends:
- 5 drops grapefruit, 3 drops lemongrass
- 3 drops lemon, 3 drops lime, 3 drops grapefruit
- 3 drops grapefruit, 3 drops lavender, 3 drops lemon
- 2 drops lemon, 2 drops bergamot, 2 drops tangerine, 2 drops grapefruit
Calm and Relaxing Blends:
- 4 drops lavender, 5 drops tangerine
- 4 drops lavender, 4 drops geranium, 2 drops tangerine
- 4 drops roman chamomile, 4 drops lavender, 2 drops bergamot
Cozy Fall Blends:
- 6 drops sweet orange, 4 drops patchouli
- 3 drops clove, 3 drops cinnamon, 4 drops sweet orange
- 2 drops tangerine, 2 drops sweet orange, 3 drops ginger, 3 drops cinnamon
- 4 drops peppermint, 4 drops eucalyptus, 2 drops lemongrass
- 3 drops lemon, 3 drops rosemary, 3 drops lavender, 3 drops spearmint
Ready to get started? It’s easy to get a few oils and a simple oil warmer and go from there. You can get a lot of great information in ebooks and online courses as well.
Be creative and have fun making your own blends!