Learn how to make a patriotic stamped flag banner with this easy tutorial. This is a fun craft to do for the Fourth of July! An easy craft for kids to do, too!
The Fourth of July is almost here and I had a teeny bit of time to do a holiday craft this weekend! It took three days of working on it with my four year old in little bits at a time, but here it is. You can make one of these flag banners, too.
How to make a stamped flag banner:
- red, white, and blue craft paint
- foam board
- x-acto knife
- linen or other neutral fabric – burlap could work if you wanted a really rustic look
- heat bond tape
- sticks from your yard or dowels
- yarn or ribbon to hang it with
1. Cut your fabric to the desired size. I made my flag about 15″x12″. You will want to have an additional 3 inches at the top to roll over to make a sleeve for the stick or dowel to slide through.
2. Cut your shapes out of foam with an x-acto knife.
3. I just did a square with a star in the middle, a short stripe and a long stripe.
4. Load your shapes up with craft paint. Press firmly onto the fabric and hold for a few seconds, then gently lift the stamp up.
5. Once it dries, iron a strip of heat bond on the top and fold over to make a little tube for your stick to slip through.
6. Tie some ribbon or yarn to each end to hang it up, and ta-da! All done.