Don’t you love an easy spring craft?
I was walking through Michael’s the other day and saw this sheet of moss in a very inviting shade of green and I wondered what I could make with it. I bought it, and gave it a think for a while, and came up with this cute little bulletin board! You can make one, too – it was a quick and easy project! You will need:
:: a frame in your choice of color and size (I used an 8.5″ x 11″ white wooden frame)
:: 1/4 – 1/2 inch foam board
:: sheet moss (there are different kinds of moss at the craft store, I liked this shaggy kind because of its bright green color)
:: craft nest
:: faux eggs (I made mine from clay, but you can buy them in the floral department at the craft store)
:: hot glue and Elmer’s glue
2. Glue the moss to the foam – I used Elmer’s for this. Note: The moss does shed a bit, you will have some green bits on the floor and will want to sweep or vacuum after you make this.
3. Place inside the frame and glue in if you want, but I just bent the metal tabs to hold it in place.
4. Glue your eggs in the nest, and hot glue the nest to the frame.
And look at the eggs – my favorite color – robin’s egg blue. :)
Of course, if a bird’s nest isn’t your think, a flower or butterfly would look equally cute sitting in the corner of the frame. You could even do a wooden initial if you prefer!
Linking up to:
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Decadent Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding. - July 24, 2017
- Vegan KFC Copycat Coleslaw. - July 17, 2017
- First Birthday Smash Cake (Gluten Free, Allergy Friendly). - July 12, 2017