These lemon cool whip cookies are light, delicious, and so lemony! Everyone loves these citrus treats.
Lemon cool whip cookies are so light and lemony – whenever I make them I get asked for the recipe, so I thought I would share it here. These are NOT gluten-free. I have made them several times, and they are so super easy, but taste like they take a lot of time. This is a great recipe to make at the holiday time when things get crazy!
I heard about these cookies from my mother-in-law. She heard about them because a senior living center in her area would make them for the residents once a week. The residents were raving about them, and one time she was there visiting someone and tried them.
These lemon cool whip cookies are really so easy, it’s almost silly. If you are able to eat gluten and dairy, you should try these out! They’re a fun addition to a party or luncheon.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Lemon Cool Whip Cookies.
Easy and delicious lemon cool whip cookies. This is a cookie recipe that you're sure to love!
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 2 eggs
- 18 ounces lemon cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the Cool Whip and eggs together on medium speed.
- Add the cake mix and continue to beat until combined. The batter will be thick.
- Place the confectioner's sugar in a small bowl. Drop small spoonfuls of the batter into the sugar and roll around to form a ball.
- Place cookies on the lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cookies should be barely golden on edges. Do not over bake.
This delicious cookie recipe is from All Recipes.
Don’t over bake them – if they look brown at the edges, they have been in the oven too long! They should be bright yellow and look a little soft when you take them out. They will continue to cook a little bit as they sit on the cookie sheets cooling.
Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container.