Valentine’s Day is just a few days away! Are you making Valentine treats? Are you helping your kids with their valentines to pass out to friends?
Since Valentine’s Day can sometimes be very food-centered, it can be stressful if you’re managing multiple food allergies. There’s all the store-bought heart candies that are often unsafe for those with food allergies.
Whether you’re avoiding nuts, dairy, eggs, peanuts, soy…it can be so hard to find a safe store-bought candy. And now some Valentine’s cards even include candy! Which may seem like a nice idea, but it does complicate things when you’re trying to make sure your child is safe. Valentines don’t have to be edible to be fun, which is why this cute crayon Valentine is a nice idea for little kids.
These Color Me Happy printable valentines are super cute and very easy to make. They’re a fun, candy-free valentine for your child to pass out to his/her friends.
You will need:
- my free printable
- crayons (2 or 3 for each valentine)
- double-sided tape
- washi tape (Target and Michael’s both have some cute washi tape. Or you can always browse Etsy – there are tons of colors and patterns available!)
- Just print out the valentines on white cardstock, and cut them out. Let your child write his name on the back of each one.
- Place a piece of double-sided tape on the cardstock, and lay the crayons on top.
- Place a piece of washi tape on top of the crayons to hold them in place.
- That’s it! You’re done!
Find the free printable HERE.
A lot of schools don’t allow food treats anymore due to food allergies, so these are a nice alternative – still fun, and no risk of anyone getting cross contaminated. An easy way to include everyone and keep everyone safe!
What are you working on this week? Are you making valentines with your kids?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Easy and Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Fries. - April 28, 2017
- Easy Dairy Free Overnight Oatmeal (Gluten Free, Vegan). - April 26, 2017
- Homemade Dairy Free Ranch Dressing. - April 7, 2017