Delicious, soft peanut butter cookies are topped with Hershey’s Kisses to make a decadent treat. These flourless peanut butter kiss cookies are a holiday favorite!
Imagine it’s a few days before Christmas. The gifts have been wrapped, the tree is decorated, the fire is glowing, and you have your feet up, sipping hot cocoa and eating some flourless peanut butter kiss cookies warm from the oven.
That would be nice, right? The reality may be a little different for you…I know I’m never that organized! We can dream though. :)
We can make one part of that dream a reality though, with these super easy flourless peanut butter kiss cookies.
These peanut butter kiss cookies are SO easy. Really and truly easy and mouth-watering. And you’d never guess that they are flour free! I’ve made these many ways through the years, and they are always a crowd pleaser. They can be egg free, too – just use a flax seed egg replacer.
Can you make peanut butter cookies without eggs?
Yes, these cookies work very well without eggs. A simple flax seed egg replacer will work well in this recipe.
Can you make peanut butter cookies without flour?
Peanut butter cookies are easily made without flour. They will still be crisp on the outside and perfectly chewy. I prefer these flourless cookies to the regular version.
Can these cookies be made with seed butter?
If you’re looking for a nut free version of this cookie, try these sunbutter blossom cookies.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Flourless Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter I like Jif Natural
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg If you need to be egg free, substitute 1 Tablespoon ground golden flax seed + 3 Tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar for rolling
- 24 Hershey's Kisses unwrapped
- Beat the egg in a mixing bowl. )If using a flax egg, mix up your ground flax seed and water in a mixing bowl and let sit for a few minutes so it can gel up).
- Add the creamy peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, and salt to the egg and mix until well combined.
- Chill the dough for about a half hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Pour a few tablespoons of sugar into a bowl.
- Roll the chilled dough into balls that are one inch in diameter, then dip into granulated sugar, Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, or until cookies are golden.
- When you remove them from the oven, place an unwrapped Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie and press it down. Let cool for about 10 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks to cool.
If you are dairy free, use a square of dairy free chocolate instead of a Hershey's Kiss.
If you are egg free, use a flax seed egg instead of a regular egg.
These will stay fresh for about 5 days in an airtight container.
Customize these flourless peanut butter kiss cookies:
- leave off the chocolate and use them to make ice cream sandwiches
- use a square of chocolate instead of a Hershey’s Kiss
- roll them in chocolate sprinkles before baking
You will love this grain free version of these classic cookies. These flourless peanut butter kiss cookies are SUPER peanut buttery, which makes them taste amazing with Hershey’s Kisses. When my mom made these when I was young, her cookies had flour, so the peanut butter taste was more subtle. I love a lot of peanut butter flavor in my cookies!
Dairy free alternative: These are also great with a square of dairy free dark chocolate.
This is my favorite holiday cookie right now, and the peanut butter base is even richer because it’s flourless. We made these yesterday morning and I ate three of them immediately while the kiss was still melty. Yum! And peanut butter is protein, so it’s okay, right? :)
What are you baking these days?