These gluten free lemon cupcakes are topped with a rich coconut cream cheese frosting. These are a special treat that’s just right for a birthday party!
These gluten free lemon cupcakes are:
- ideal for a celebration
- easy to make ahead of time
- perfect for spring and summer with a burst of fresh citrus flavor
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Gluten Free Lemon Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting.
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 15 parchment cupcake liners. (You may need to use two pans).
- Cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one. Add the lemon zest and vanilla extract, mix again.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mix well. Add sour cream. Beat until combined. Gently fold in coconut.
- Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes.
- To make the frosting: Beat the cream cheese, butter, lemon zest, vanilla and lemon juice until light and fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar a little at a time, continuing to beat until smooth and combined. Stir in coconut flakes.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
lightly adapted from Taste of Home
If you love cupcakes, you’ll want to try these gluten free chocolate cupcakes with vanilla bean frosting.
P.S. I just ate one for breakfast…that’s how good they are.
What are you up to this weekend? Anything fun? My little guy is sick…yesterday he had a high fever, so so far our weekend has involved lots of Tylenol, Thomas the Train videos and a cool bath. :( Today I hope to clean my house – it looks like a tornado hit. I think we also have a few pretend birthday parties planned, whenever we have any type of cake my son insists on getting out a candle and singing. So sweet! :)