Vegan peanut butter hot fudge sauce is so rich and smooth, and absolutely delicious over ice cream!
This is the best hot fudge sauce in all the land. I’m just going to throw that out there right now.
The other day my seven-year old said, let’s have hot fudge sundaes! Well, who can say no to that? Who would want to say no to that? Not me.
The problem is that homemade peanut butter hot fudge sauce is like the one dessert that I have NO self-control with. Yes, it’s really good on ice cream, but you know how it’s even better? Eaten with a spoon straight from the jar. Still better if it’s been refrigerated – then it’s almost like fudge.
Usually what happens is I walk by the fridge, take a bite, walk by again, take a bite…until oops! It’s gone. :)
This peanut butter hot fudge sauce really is so good, you have to try it! It’s not too difficult to make, and you can definitely substitute any nut butter or sunflower seed butter if that works for your diet.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce.
- In a small pot, combine the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Add the ½ cup non-dairy milk, and stir constantly over medium heat.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the peanut butter and vegan buttery spread stir until smooth and melted.
- Put the cornstarch and the 2 Tablespoons non-dairy milk in a small container with a lid and shake well until combined. Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the pot and stir until the hot fudge thickens.
- Remove the pot from the heat and set aside so the hot fudge cools enough to serve.
- Serve over your favorite dairy free ice cream.
- Store leftovers in a jar in the refrigerator.