A pitcher of this fizzy watermelon berry refresher is sure to keep you cool on hot summer days! It’s simple to make, and pretty to look at, too!
Watermelon is the perfect summer fruit, isn’t it?
It’s sweet, delicious, and so refreshing. On hot days, when you’re both thirsty and hungry, watermelon really hits the spot.
And since it’s so delicious, I thought it would be the perfect base for a fun summer drink. This watermelon berry refresher is just right for serving at a summer party, or sipping while you’re sitting poolside.
The recipe for this watermelon berry refresher is simple – just watermelon juice, sparkling mineral water, a few berries, and some lime. Pour it over lots of ice and enjoy on really hot days!
What are the health benefits of watermelon?
Watermelon is a great source of vitamins A and C, and also contains the antioxidants lycopene and beat-carotene. Lycopene may help lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
Eating watermelon is a great way to stay hydrated. Since it contains lots of water and a little fiber, watermelon is also helpful for good digestion.
How do you pick a ripe watermelon?
When you’re choosing a watermelon, make sure it feels heavy for its size, and look for the spot where it was sitting on the ground. If the spot is yellow or yellow-orange, that means it was allowed to ripen in the sun, on the vine. If the spot is white, it means it was picked too soon.
For more tips on how to pick a ripe and sweet watermelon, see this article.
How do you make watermelon juice?
- You can make watermelon juice in just a few easy steps.
- Scoop out the flesh from a seedless watermelon, and place it in a blender.
- Blend it on high speed until very smooth.
- Pour it into a fine mesh sieve placed over bowl so that the juice drains out and the pulp stays behind. (If you don’t mind some pulp in your juice, you can skip this step).
- Discard the pulp.
You could make this watermelon berry refresher with a different melon or berry juice if you prefer. The combination of fresh squeezed fruit juice and fizzy water is so light and delicious.
Be creative and try whatever combination sounds good to you!
If you make this drink, or any of my recipes, please share on Instagram and tag me @prettybeeblog. I love to see what you’re making!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Watermelon Berry Refresher.
- 16 cups seedless watermelon
- 16 ounces Strawberry Sparkling Mineral Water
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 1 lime
- Cut the watermelon into chunks and puree in batches in the blender. Strain the watermelon with a fine mesh strainer, pushing on the pulp with the back of a spoon to remove all the juice. Discard pulp.
- Pour watermelon juice and strawberry mineral water into a pitcher. Add the juice of one lime.
- Serve each drink over ice with a few blueberries in each glass.
This post was originally published in July 2015. It has been updated with new photos and text.
If you’re looking for more ways to use watermelon, try these watermelon strawberry popsicles.