Zucchini and peppers with sesame teriyaki sauce is a tasty side dish that comes together in just minutes!
That’s what’s going on with this dish of teriyaki goodness right now. I have eaten this for lunch for the past two days, and I really want to make it again tomorrow! But I’m worried, because I don’t want to burn out on it. I know we’ll have a lot of zucchini to deal with this summer, and this is the perfect way to eat them.
Zucchini and peppers with teriyaki is a great side dish for a barbecue, and it’s also a perfect lunch. You can eat this on its own, or over brown rice or quinoa for a more complete meal. It’s very quick to put together, and the ingredients for the sauce are probably already in your pantry.
Zucchini and Peppers with Sesame Teriyaki Sauce.
- 3 small zucchini quartered and sliced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 3/4 Tablespoons tamari
- 1 1/4 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes adjust amount to taste
Place the olive oil, zucchini, garlic, and red peppers in a large skillet and cook over medium heat.
Cook until the zucchini is tender but still bright green, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the tamari, honey or agave, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes.
Stir well and cook for about 3-5 more minutes.
What have you been eating for lunch lately? Are you starting to think about summer produce yet?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Dairy Free Buttercream Frosting. - October 14, 2017
- Easy Dairy Free Pumpkin Muffins (Gluten Free, Vegan). - October 9, 2017
- Red Pepper White Bean Dip. - October 3, 2017