Here’s another easy ornament to make…and as usual, it involves a lot of glitter! I love to make these kind of ornaments, simple and quick to put together, but with a lot of impact due to the sparkly glitter and fluffy feathers.
Glittered Bird Christmas Ornaments – an easy tutorial.
For each bird, you will need:
:: two sizes of Styrofoam balls (I got mine from the Dollar Tree)
:: a toothpick
:: two straight pins with ball tops for eyes
:: an eye pin for the ornament hook
:: orange paper
1. Coat each ball with glue and generous coating of glitter.
2. After the glue dries, stick the balls together with a toothpick.
3. Make a hole at the end with a toothpick or a large needle and stick 2 or 3 feathers in with a little glue.
4. Add the eyes, and a bit of orange paper with glue for the beak.
5. Stick an eye pin in the top for hanging.
You’re all done! Hang from the tree and enjoy your sparkly bird ornaments!
As you can see, I did a silver birdie, too, and I really would like to do a fancy little bluebird. Or an all white bird, with long white tail feathers! There are so many fun possibilities with these ornaments.