Here’s another easy ornament to make…and as usual, it involves a lot of glitter! I love to make these kind of ornaments, simple and quick to put together, but with a lot of impact due to the sparkly glitter and fluffy feathers.
Glittered Bird Christmas Ornaments – an easy tutorial.
For each bird, you will need:
:: two sizes of Styrofoam balls (I got mine from the Dollar Tree)
:: a toothpick
:: two straight pins with ball tops for eyes
:: an eye pin for the ornament hook
:: orange paper
1. Coat each ball with glue and generous coating of glitter.
2. After the glue dries, stick the balls together with a toothpick.
3. Make a hole at the end with a toothpick or a large needle and stick 2 or 3 feathers in with a little glue.
4. Add the eyes, and a bit of orange paper with glue for the beak.
5. Stick an eye pin in the top for hanging.
You’re all done! Hang from the tree and enjoy your sparkly bird ornaments!
As you can see, I did a silver birdie, too, and I really would like to do a fancy little bluebird. Or an all white bird, with long white tail feathers! There are so many fun possibilities with these ornaments.
These are so precious! I love your little birdies :)
If you get a chance later today, I’d love for you to stop by to link up to my Not “Baaad” blog hop!
I linked over from the shabby nest. Really cute ornaments. I would love if you would check out my blog at http://www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. If you decide to be a follower (which I hope you will) I would definitely follow you back. Just leave me a comment letting me know you are a follower. Thanks.